Friday, August 17, 2012

Re-purposing a Dresser for Malachi & Mercy

Feels like I am in my 7 month of pregnancy as I prepare for Malachi & Mercy to be home.

We are getting rooms ready and decided to re-purpose this old dresser into a bookshelf and hanging shelves. Made it more useful for a playroom.

Simply removed the drawers, flipped the tabs inside the shelves upside down, and then went to the hardware store and had them cut shelves to fit. We primed the shelves with spray primer and then painted them a metallic champagne color. We removed the tacked-on back of the dresser, chose some fun fabric and wrapped the tacked piece of the dresser with the fabric. Then I put the tacked piece back on the dresser. I bought some coordinating paper from a scrapbook store and then lined the drawers with the fun paper and hung them up. SUPER EASY, but FUN!

Can already envision Malachi and Mercy pulling books off these shelves for me to read to them.

EXCITED and thankful for the many who have joined us to help bring them home.
If you someone who loves orphans and would like to help us bring our precious children home,
check this out! Give at least $1, and then Share with your friends and family!

Hope you like the dresser concept, but even more so, I pray that you will join us in our adoption journey!


BEFORE




















 AFTER


No comments:

Post a Comment